Tuesday 29 April 2014

Kentmere Horseshoe Pt 2 - Making a long walk longer

This is an extension to a walk around the Kentmere Horseshoe.

My usual choice of route from Shipman Knott is to turn down the pass to Green Quarter, however today I was after three minor tops. It was a straight pull from the pass summit following the wall before descending towards Skeggles Water.

view back to Shipman Knotts from Hollow Moor... 



descending to Skeggles Water...

the summit of Cocklaw Fell, a pointless Birkett...

crossing the bridleway below Green Quarter Fell...

Sleddale Forest over Skeggles Water...

Green Quarter Fell - Hollow Moor East Top, embryo cairn & Kentmere...

Thornthwaite Beacon & High Street at the top of Kentmere...

a stone gatepost adorns the top of Green Quarter (Hollow Moor Fell), not quite at the high point...

direct (quick) descent back to Green Quarter...


3 comments:

  1. You ARE following me! I just did Hollow Moor last week! ;-)
    Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are both ticking off the same lists ;)
    Cheers Simon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not onto Outlying Wainwrights yet - still finishing off Richard's Wainwrights :-) To be honest, I didn't know Hollow Moor was on a list and was just following the tracks around Green Quarter Fell to see Skeggles Water and 'cos I felt I hadn't done enough for the day (we'd just done Sallows and Sour Howes). I saw there was a summit to my left and decided to bag it while I was up there :-)
    Carol.
    P.S. love the weather forecast added to your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete